Sunday, June 5, 2022

My 10 Yr Old is Stronger than You

My kids are incredibly strong.  They can do things that many adults have never been able to do.  My kids are also skinny, which makes their strength more impressive.  

I normally don't put any photos of my kids on the internet.  I hope that this will be ok as you can't really see their faces well enough to identify them and put them in too much danger.  I also don't show details such as birth dates or names on the internet.  

My ten year old daughter can do things that most adults in this country have never done and will never achieve.  The best part is she has no idea how strong she is, she humbly assumes that everyone can do things like this.  

True strength is light as a feather
One of the great things about my kids is that they are happy to get in and give things a go.  As long as I am there encouraging them then they are happy.  I tend to be shy, more self conscious, and reluctant to train out where people can see me.  

My daughter can do elbow lever, and sometimes on a good day she can do a bent arm planche.  She is happy to do a little bit of street training when we are out for a walk.

People see my kids doing these amazing feats of strength and endurance, and often some of the more athletic men will give it a try as they don't want to be out done by a child.  So far I have never seen one of them succeed.  

There is something about a large muscly man being out done by a ten year old that brings a smile to my face.  There is something about a humble ten year old who honestly assumes that everyone can also do this that makes me proud.

I sometimes see other people tell their kids to do this too.  Most of their kids are larger and stronger looking than my kids, but they have not trained, so they also fail.  I have no doubt that other kids could do this kind of strength exercise if they were trained.  I trained my kids, so think I could train theirs too.  

Instead of training or playing outside, their kids tend to sit around and play computer all day, so they will likely never be able to do things such as this.  Given the cost of being overweight to this country, it is too bad that more kids don't get outside and play and do a little strength training like this.

There is something I like about park bench training

Playgrounds are good for strength training - but scary

This was scary as the end of the pole is broken and sharp!

Impressive strength for a ten year old

Hopefully seeing a ten year old doing impressive feats of strength will help to inspire someone to do some strength training.  

The best time to start strength training is when you were young.  The next best time to do strength training is now.  Get in and give it a go.  Don't worry if you can't do it, don't worry that your progress is slow, just try.

Do some strength training, be more!

No comments:

Post a Comment